, I will have my revenge...
This is a first, so here goes
10 facts about myself:
1. I am a Roman Catholic who tries to keep with canon law in everything, and I do mean everything.
2. I am a graduate student who went to high school at a mostly-black school (graduated tenth in my class with a 4.5 of of 4 thanks to honors classes) and did undergraduate study at a mostly women's college (graduated 3.85 out of 4/magna cum laude).
3. I'm a proud Texan and Southerner, and I hope nothing changes that. Two other cities very dear to me are Milwaukee and Brighton.
4. I have Asperger's and obsessive-compulsive disorder (scrupulosity and checking), and I'm pretty sure I have some mild form of depression. I also have eczema.
5. I love dressing up for Halloween, and I once made a convincing Green Lantern costume out of a hoodie, a Mardi Gras mask, black jeans, and a roll of green duck tape.
6. Although I have several left-wing beliefs (see fact one for a list), I'm still a conservative at heart who believes that the government should uphold the law and supplement charity. However, I yearn for a world where religion and politics can be discussed as easily and pleasantly as the weather, even if I don't agree with what's being said.
7. I'm a nerd. I can name most of the first two generations of Pokemon in numerical order (once, I even got up to five), and I can still read and write the Matoran script from BIONICLE. I have also never had a serious relationship.
8. If you were to count my heritages, you would find English, Scottish, Irish, Austrian, German (I really like this one; it's the source of my last name), Mexican (and thusly, Spanish), Native American (we're sure its Cherokee), German Swiss, and Romani (just ask me how those two met).
9. I have a cool twin sister (we're not identical), and two extremely tolerant and fun, but still very religious, parents.
10. I share my first name with my father, grandfather, and uncle (married to my aunt). When she and Dad were married, Mom loved to take advantage of this every Thanksgiving.
1. What is the first movie you remember seeing?
Good question. I don't know, but I apparently woke up everyone in the house every Saturday watching Fantasia, but possibly Beauty and the Beast.
2. What is the first 'grown-up' book you read?
I don't know. Maybe Romeo and Juliet? I read some of Lord of the Rings. I don't remember the first adult book I completed that wasn't for a class, I've always been a young adult reader myself.
3. Chocolate or vanilla?
Traditionally chocolate. Might change to vanilla.
4. What animal in the Chinese Zodiac are you?
A metal horse.
5. What place would you most like to visit?
I don't really know. I've wanted to go back to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico or the British Museum. Completely new, maybe one of the tanzanite mines of the Mererani hills in Manyara, Tanzania, if they have tanzanite still in the rock (it might be my favorite precious stone).
6. If you could un-cancel any show, which would it be?
I want to see a better version of Cubix: Robots for Everyone. I'd also like to see more Fawlty Towers and Warehouse 13.
7. What was your first PG-13 movie?
I'd say it's maybe Jurassic Park or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
8. Do you know how to cook?
Yep! I'm still trying to learn how to cook multiple items at once, but I'm otherwise pretty good.
9. Who do you say your role model is?
Well, I'm supposed to say Jesus, but in terms of human role models, besides my parents... I had one, but I forgot it. Saint Paul, however, is someone I want to emulate. He's so under-appreciated.
10. What is your favorite flower?
Possibly the white lily. Magnolia blossoms also look nice.
My ten questions to you, , , and , as well as some answers, are
1. What are your favorite things to see in books/movies/video games/etc.?
Fantasy/sci-fi world building, heroes that don't make idiotic mistakes, antagonists who aren't cocky, jerks, punching bags, or especially all three, learning opportunites about things that aren't social issues, subtlety, cool fight scenes, and clever comedy that doesn't center around idiots (see Star Wars for a good primer on most of these in action)
2. What's the latest you've ever stayed up and why?
I went without sleep for two church 'lock-out's, and stayed awake on one at least 'til the following night. Movie only I wanted to see (only saw it with the person keeping an eye on me), something else, shopping for charity, and IHOP for breakfast.
3. How do you get over a gloomy mood?
Just by continuing to move forward and look around. I'll probably find something that takes my mind off of it. Music also helps.
4. What's something you like that no-one else has heard of?
The 2003 Hobbit game. Good level design, pretty visuals, great music.
5. What's something you hate that others like (that it isn't popular to hate already, like Twilight)?
Easy A. I hated the protagonist, I hated the story, I hated the attempts at comedy. Also, really could've done a better job portraying Christians fairly.
6. What is your most prized unneeded possession?
My great-grandfather's watch/my stuffed wolf, Balto. Wish I could find my grandmother's towels.
7. Who is your role model?
8. If you could be an animal, what would you be?
Probably a wolf. I like big, dog-like things.
9. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
The ability to get everyone to settle down and pay attention.
10. What qualities do you prize most in others?
Well-learnedness, honesty, cunning, tactful forthrightness, mercy, kindness.